A beautiful waterside city with a modern face, the city of Auckland features a spectacular harbour, bridge and cutting edge technology. This appearance is somewhat misleading as despite its urban appearance the city has a more natural side as well. Beyond the metropolitan area Auckland also features lush subtropical forests and a variety of different nature related attractions.
The city of Auckland offers a range of exciting activities and destinations for guests to indulge themselves. The best time of the year to visit Auckland is during the summer months, which is the period of time when the most number of visitors arrive at this magnificent city.
Auckland has two volcanoes that can be explored. One Volcano involves a walk that finishes right at the summit of the now extinct giant. Traverse the top of Mt. Victoria and discover the now defunct artillery that had been hidden there as a strategic military point.
The Auckland Museum is located on the rim of the second volcano that is housed on this island and is in addition surrounded by a variety of parks and gardens. Visitors to the museum can discover the largest collection of Polynesian and Maori artifacts in the world as well as other exhibits as well.
The Auckland Zoo offers yet another nature attraction that features a range of spectacular animal life. Tremble at the sight of Sumatran tigers, listen to the roar of lions, the chattering of monkeys and birds that all call the zoo home. Other inhabitants of the zoo include zebras, giraffes and its most famous pair, two elephants known as Kashin and Burma. Another spectacular facet of the zoo is the ability to gaze upon sea life through a glass window that gives an up close and personal view of marine like never before.
Butterfly lovers can also visit Butterfly Creek and discover the range of different butterflys that are housed here. Discover more than 800 different species of butterfly in a free flying environment. In addition the landscape of the creek is beautiful and features a range of waterfalls, lush foliage, ponds, as well as other animal life such as turtles, fish and plants.
The Auckland Botanic Gardens offers the chance to walk through a beautiful range of different botanical life. Discover plants from all around the world and afterward indulge in a range of snacks and food at Café Miko. This café has sweeping views of the garden and even offers brunch, lunch and afternoon tea. The gardens also feature a visitor center that presents a variety of themed displays.
Beyond this Auckland has several other unique attractions including BeesOnline Honey Centre which sells products that are made from honey and include a range of different honey types that can be used to enhance the flavour of food or as a medicinal treatment.
Auckland even has its own snow park that is deal for those who wish to indulge in snow sports. This attraction is one of the largest indoor snow theme parks in the world.
One thing is for certain, when visiting Auckland there is certainly no shortage of attractions for visitors to indulge themselves. Whatever you’re interests there is always something that is sure to satisfy you.
Langham Auckland functions as an ideal Auckland hotel as it offers its guests the opportunity to stay in this glamorous city in the utmost of comfort. Enjoy a great offering of amenities and facilities in addition to a great location that provides convenient access to a range of destinations
- Auckland Accommodation – Five Star Hotels to Backpackers Auckland accommodation has much variety to offer visitors and tourists to this unique area. You could try Auckland motels or hotels and even bed and breakfasts and serviced apartments. If...
- Albert Park- From Active Volcano to the Centerpiece of Auckland Remember the film the Chronicles of Narnia? Albert Park in Auckland, New Zealand is a real life park that is almost as unreal and scenic as the movie set. Albert...
- Auckland Has Beautiful Beaches New Zealands largest city has an idyllic setting, overlooking the forested Waitakere Ranges, sheltered Manukau Harbour and the island studded Hauraki Gulf to the north. No wonder over a million...
- Auckland Art Gallery The principal art gallery in Auckland, New Zealand, this venue features the most extensive collection of national and international art in New Zealand. The gallery was established in 1888...
- Auckland New Zealand Cheap Hotels The city of Auckland is as vibrant and exciting as New Zealand itself. Filled with activity the city gets thousands of travelers visiting it every year. Right from exhilarating shopping...