“Five Star Rating”, “Luxury Hotels”, “Superior Deluxe” are all terms that allow hotel guests and visitors to set expectations about the quality and variety of the services provided. Although at present, there are no global standards for rating hotel accommodations; one can still gain some insight into the quality of the service by the number of stars or diamonds displayed in travel guides. Several of the major factors that play a part in these hotel ratings center on the room itself. En suite bathrooms complete with Jacuzzis and heated floors influence the rating on many three, four and five star hotels. However, extra factors in comfort, service and convenience make the overall difference in the final classifications.
Two of Auckland’s hotels are especially notable. Not only do they each have five stars after the name, but they each have extra qualities that make the traveler’s stay there even more memorable. Langham Hotel on Symonds Street in Auckland, for example, has all the expected features of the Langham brand, but has a unique way of combining them that is distinctively New Zealand.
The Stamford Plaza in Auckland is one of 98 hotels worldwide that have received the Official Hotel Guides “Superior Deluxe” classification. The Langham is part of the Leading Hotels of the World classification system and features a luxury hotel within a luxury hotel. Personalized service and access to the business center are part of the Langham Hotel Club extra amenities.
The Langham in Auckland, New Zealand has a total of 410 rooms for guests and 15 rooms for business or entertainment functions, while the Stamford has 313 rooms, 19 suites and can provide conference rooms with catering up for up to four hundred guests.
Each facility is conveniently located from the Auckland airport. Also, both hotels are convenient to other points of interest such as the waterfront, High Street, the Domain and the Auckland Museum. The Stamford is situated just above the central business district (or CBD) with only a short walk to the waterfront or America’s Cup Village. It is also near the Auckland Railway Station, Hobson Street and the Convention Center. In both cases, transportation to and from the hotels and other points of interest in and around the city is available.
These two luxury hotels vie with each other and with others in the vicinity to provide services that are unique and different and that will attract more guests to reserve rooms for lodging and for entertainment or business functions. Both hotels provide the capability to obtain a baby sitter, concierge, butler, and valet and laundry services. The Langham has secretarial and business services available and a doctor and dentist on call. Twenty-four hour room service is provided in both hotels.
Within the guest rooms, the most modern technology is available to visitors. This includes broadband or high-speed internet access, and wireless access in the public areas. Guests have analog, two line telephones, video, flat-screen televisions, with an in room safe and business desk in the Stamford rooms.
In both five star hotels guests have access to swimming pools, sauna, and exercise rooms with state-of-the-art gym equipment. Golf courses, tennis courts and squash facilities are also at arms length to hotel guests. In addition, guests can take advantage of the safety deposit box facility and the foreign currency exchange service at the Langham.
Strict attention is paid to every possible need or desire of guests at these Auckland luxury hotels. Nothing is spared in terms of the guest’s convenience. Facilities accessible to handicapped individuals are readily available. Comfort, convenience and enjoyment are the first priority for guests of these world-class luxury hotels.
As with most luxury accommodations, award winning restaurants are associated with the hotels. The Langham has three bars on site, including a champagne and oyster bar and a cigar bar. The Stamford has two world-class restaurants on site and one located nearby.
Other Luxury Hotels
The Langham and the Stamford are the only five star hotels in Auckland. There are many other hotels in the city that are rated with four stars or three stars, and there are also many fine accommodations for the traveler on a tight budget. Whether the visitor to Auckland is on vacation or is on a business trip, choosing a luxury hotel will make the trip even more enjoyable, and Auckland has two of the best hotels in the world.
- Finding Hotels Across New Zealand ... in addition to which houses the busiest air port in the country. Most flights landing in New Zealand do so at the Auckland International Airport. There are a...
- Langham Place Hotel, Mongkok, Hong Kong introduces iHome to all suites and club rooms Hong Kong, 20 October 2006 – As an industry leader providing innovative guest room technology, Langham Place Hotel, Mongkok, Hong Kong establishes yet another benchmark with the introduction of iHome...
- Eaton Hotel, Hong Kong NEARS COMPLETION OF US$18m MAKEOVER (Hong Kong, 13 November 2006) – Eaton Hotel, Hong Kong is nearing completion of a substantial US$18m makeover, giving it a new focus on exclusivity, efficiency and an understated urban...
- Auckland New Zealand Cheap Hotels The city of Auckland is as vibrant and exciting as New Zealand itself. Filled with activity the city gets thousands of travelers visiting it every year. Right from exhilarating shopping...
- Best luxury accommodations in New Zealand The following accommodations have been selected for their distinctive character, from smart resorts to intimate hotels in remote settings. Every one is the best available in each area so that...