The Western Bay of Plenty is located on the Eastern coast of New Zealands North Island. You can reach the beautiful sun drenched destination by travelling south 2.5 hours from Auckland, 1.5 hours east from Hamilton, or just 1 hour from Rotorua. All have International Airports.
Tauranga is located at the head of a large harbour which extends along the western Bay of Plenty, and is protected by Matakana Island.
Tauranga City is seen as one of the premier destinations. Tauranga offers a huge range of attractions, activities, recreational pursuits and some of the finest restaurants, cafes and shopping set next to New Zealands most amazing beaches. Top quality facilities ensure Tauranga reputation as the place to live as well as to visit year round.
Visitor Information Centres exist throughout the Tauranga area for your convenience. Trained staff are on hand to answer any questions as to what to do and where to stay within the region. All bookings for travel, accommodation and activities can be made when calling at any of the Information Centres.
The ultimate adrenaline buzz in the bay. Highly trained and highly skilled all Tandem Masters and equipment comply with the New Zealand Parachute Federation, and Civil Aviation requirements. Tauranga Tandem Skydiving operates from the Tauranga Airport, five minutes from the port of Tauranga and the Mount Maunganui Beach.
Taurangas only indoor rock climbing centre. Fully supervised hours of fun for young and old alike in a safe environment. As well as being fun, it develops self esteem, pushes people to and sometimes beyond their limits.
The Adventure Park is located on a picturesque bend in the Wairoa River, a relaxed location for people to enjoy a family day out. Established on the river are a flat water slalom training site and a kayak polo arena. A gladiators pole, a rock climbing wall, Tarzan swing and three diving, jumping and bombing locations have provided countless visitors with hours of fun.
In the summer most holiday makers travel to The Mount to make the most of the beautiful beaches and the great surf. The waters off the coast are also are good fishing areas. It also has a good selection of beautiful walks.
People here love to eat out. There is a large selection of restaurants to eat at, especially on The Strand, which is regarded as the restaurant central of Tauranga. As with eating, people here love cafes. You will also find numerous pubs around the area. The Strand is the main strip of Nightlife consisting of bars, clubs and restraunts.
- Auckland, North Island, New Zealand Auckland is New Zealand’s biggest city with around 1.4 million people and is a mixing bowl of many European, Asian and Polynesian people. Auckland is a great city and one...
- There’s Something for Everyone in New Zealand North Island; Part 1 ... and there is an efficient ferry service providing the connection between the North and South Island.Bay of IslandsAucklandRotoruaTaupoHawkes BayWairarapaWellingtonLook out for Part 2 of this article covering the...
- Details About New Zealand’s Beautiful North Island New Zealand’s North Island may be the smaller of the two main islands, but that certainly does not make it lesser. The diminutive North Island is home to Auckland, New...
- A Tourists Guide To Auckland New Zealand Have you ever traveled to New Zealand? If not, you are in for a treat! Auckland, New Zealand is a beautiful place to visit and a city that is large,...
- What to Look For in Culinary Arts Schools ... of Culinary Arts and Food Technology, DIT, Dublin, Ireland
North Shore International Academy, Auckland, New Zealand
International Centre for Culinary Arts, Dubai