You are sitting at home, trying to think of a holiday destination for a gift you are giving to someone you truly care about. Where do you send them?
To make your choice a bit easier, here are the top international holiday destinations among North Americans.
1. St. Maarten: This tropical island, 80 kilometers to the south of Puerto Rico, is internationally divided between the Netherlands and France. Naturally, the warm weather during the winter makes it a perfect getaway for anyone trying to beat the snow and cold of January or February. The island features beautiful beaches, breathtaking scenery and literally hundreds of gourmet restaurants.
2. Montego Bay: Jamaicas tourism city is a hot destination with a hot climate and duty-free shops as far as the eye can see. It also serves as a cruise ship terminal that serves a large portion of the Caribbean. It should be noted that while it is a beautiful area of the country, it also suffers from a high crime rate outside of the resorts that is, in some cases, 28 times higher than that of New York City.
3. San Jose Del Cabo: This city of nearly 50,000 is located in Mexico along the Baja California Peninsula. Together with Cabo San Lucas it forms a major tourist destination for travelers from all corners of the continent.
4. Paris: Of course, the top three in the list are in hot spots of the world, but who can deny the appeal of Paris. The City of Love is perfect for any couple who are looking to rekindle their love or simply want to experience the holiday season in one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
5. Cancun: Due to its close proximity to Canada and the United States, it is no surprise that Mexico has multiple entries on this list. If you dont feel like relaxing on the beach in this incredibly popular area, you can journey a few miles out of the city, explore some Mayan ruins and learn a little bit about the people who occupied the area centuries ago.
6. San Juan: This Argentine city has something for everyone. You can enjoy the beauty of the surrounding countryside, relax on a beach, or check out some fossils from the Triassic period, which is considered to be one of the largest collection of fossils in the world.
7. Auckland: Journey a bit further to the south and you will find Auckland, New Zealand. The countrys capital offers everything a person could desire. Night clubs, fine dining, fishing, hiking and lets not forget touring the sites where the Lord of the Rings was shot a few years ago.
8. Aruba: Not a city but an island in the Caribbean, this hugely popular destination has become an attractive place to move to due to its high-paying job, not to mention the fact it was immortalized in a Beach Boys song in the 80s.
9. London: Jolly Old London does not have much sunshine, it is often cloudy and rainy but what it lacks in warmth of climate it more than makes up for in history and culture. This city will satisfy the needs of the historian, pop culture enthusiast, partier and scholar, all at once.
10. Sydney: Heading to the land down under, where its summer in December. No trip here would be complete without checking out the world famous Sydney Opera House in the harbor.
- Is cruising the right choice of holiday for you ... St. Petersburg, Russia was one of the most beautiful cruises I
ever did - as was one from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand. Now, I
- Finding UK Holiday Offers Through British Travel Agencies If you are looking for UK holiday deals, you can rely on the British Travel Agencies to find you the right package deals that have everything you need to have...
- Finding Cheap Holiday Deals Through Travel Agencies in the UK ... make you trip enjoyable. The best UK holiday deals might take you to England where you would see the Auckland Castle or the Lancaster Castle. England also has...
- Finding Cheap Holiday Offers Through British Travel Agencies ... make you trip enjoyable. The best UK holiday deals might take you to England where you would see the Auckland Castle or the Lancaster Castle. England also has...
- Travel destinations: North Island, New Zealand ... unforgettable memories of time spent there. The following are recommendations from my 10 day driving tour of the North Island, made a few years ago.